Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My vegan girlfriend had restless leg syndrome until she tried this

A while back, I started giving Mom spirulina sourced from a clean, biosecure company in Hawaii. It's been very, very helpful for her health. More recently I added chlorella. Bam! I'll post some excellent studies on the health benefits of both, such as increasing your own naturally killer cells to kick cancer's ass, once I put them together.

It's vital that you get your algae from a very reputable source to make sure there's no microcystins in it. That is a toxin. The word "microcystins" looks similar to the word "microcystis". They are not the same. There can be -- if your algae comes from a lousy source -- microcystins in the microcystis. Cyanobacteria, microcystis, and blue-green algae are the same thing. I say this because I got into a heated email thread argument with someone who was just not getting it. She was sick, but she was also severely nuts. At the end of the thread I mentioned something about the differences between heme iron and non-heme iron, the latter is found in spirulina. She replied that the RDA for iron is so that people don't get scurvy. Oh God, how I wanted to run around the block to shake off that experience. Scurvy is from a lack of vitamin C. Anyway, for my own sanity, I unsubscribed from all health forums. Fuck it.

Now that I've vented, let's get back on subject. Today I am going to mention that spirulina and ChlorEssence brand Chlorella (I dig that brand a lot) are very good to try for restless leg syndrome. My vegan girl friend, the one who gave me the Vegan Outreach booklet and lent me the Peaceable Kingdom video 8 years ago, has had a very hard time with restless leg syndrome. She shakes all night. Anyway, she recently called me and I mentioned magnesium regarding her restless leg. She uses it. I don't recall researching restless leg syndrome, but I thought it might be related to magnesium deficiency based on something I read. I have too much stuff in my brain. Then she said that she has very low dopamine and that has something to do with her problem.

Hey! I've been secretly researching how to increase dopamine for about 2 years now. Here's why: when you are in love, your dopamine levels are high. When I was courting my husband, yes it was me courting him at first (now he's paying me back), we were in a long distance relationship 3,000 miles apart. I never felt better, though. This lasted nearly 2 years and I appreciated it because I had this dopamine coursing through me. I was motivated all the time to work out, make a lot of money, and all sorts of great things. Once that wore off, I've been looking for it ever since. And I found it! Motivation in a food: ChlorEssence or Spirulina.

So I mentioned that she should try ChlorEssence or Spirulina for her restless leg, because both contain nice levels of tyrosine. Tyrosine is the precursor to dopamine. Well that's the short version, there's more to it than that, which you can look up yourself. I had no idea that restless leg was both dopamine and iron related, but apparently it is. Long story shortened: she's sleeping like a baby!


I'm so happy!


This is excerpted from somewhere, I can't find the source: Tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid the body makes from another amino acid called phenylalanine. It is a building block for several important brain chemicals called neurotransmitters, including epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine. Neurotransmitters help nerve cells communicate and influence mood. Tyrosine also helps produce melanin, the pigment responsible for hair and skin color. It helps in the function of organs responsible for making and regulating hormones, including the adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary glands. It is involved in the structure of almost every protein in the body.



I use the Sequel Naturals brand ChlorEssence. This is grown in their own fresh water (not ocean water) and tested every month. Canada has stricter rules than the US. There are no microcystins (toxins) and no iodine because it's not sea water. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SOURCE because many of the brands are contaminated. ChlorEssence is the BEST, no shit. It has the highest level of CGF.

Both spirulina and chlorella have the amino phenylalanine. Do not eat it if you have Phenylketonuria.

Apparently, chlorella has highest amount of tyrosine in all foods, next to spirulina, including meat. This needs to be confirmed as I could only find spirulina in the nutritional database.

It's FAR better, safer in my opinion, to eat a food like spirulina or ChlorEssence than consume powdered tyrosine. I eat both spirulina and ChlorEssence every day and I also have several sacha inchi seeds. All three have good levels of many, many amino acids and really good levels of tyrosine.

Read more: http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/tyrosine-000329.htm#ixzz1qYSpkiWc

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to casually picking up girls and trying to find out the right thing to say...

    If you would rather have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in noisy pubs and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to watch this short video to learn a strange little secret that has the power to get you your personal harem of hot women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete